Discover the Benefits of Sub-metering with Our Kansas Plumber Expertise
Save Energy and Resources with a Sub-metering System
As a landlord or property manager, it is a good idea to start looking into ways to increase the energy efficiency of your properties. One simple way to do that involves a resource that too many of us take for granted – water. Maximizing the efficiency of your rental properties’ water usage can have a tremendous impact on your bottom line. More and more landlords are realizing the benefits that come along with the use of sub-meters, and some of those benefits add up to savings that could go directly into your bank account.
Sub-metering encourages water conservation, both among your tenants and for you as a landlord. But the benefits of installing sub-meters in your rental properties go beyond that.
When you trust Plumbers 911 to sub-meter your properties, you can know that the job will be done right, the first time. Our trained, highly qualified experts will walk you through the process and help you get the most bang for your buck.
Here are just a few more advantages of sub-metering
- With sub-meters, you no longer have to absorb the cost of water usage in the rent. This is fairer for your tenants, who will pay for what they have used personally instead of paying for their neighbor’s weekly swimming pool fill-up. And we all know that happy tenants make happy landlords.
- Sub-meters give each resident more personal responsibility for their water usage. When they begin to see the financial advantages of conserving water, your water bill each month will go down, too.
- You can see the real-time water usage of each unit online, which can help you pinpoint wasteful water practices that you may not have otherwise noticed. So when the tenant in Apt. 12A is seriously over-watering her garden every day, you may be able to show her how that habit affects her new water bill.
- Catch drips, leaks, and running toilets when you monitor water usage online. The smartest technology may even be able to alert you when small plumbing problems crop up. This way, you can take care of them before they get out of hand.
- Online monitoring of water usage can even help you detect when someone has moved out – or in! – unexpectedly.
What is Sub-metering?
Currently, the majority of apartment buildings, mobile home parks, and even office buildings are billed for their water usage as a whole, rather than as separate units. With sub-metering, each unit – each apartment, mobile home, or office – gets its own meter that measures water usage individually. This means that residents can be billed individually for their actual water usage, and you as the landlord will pay your local utility bill from those funds.
Ask a Kansas Plumber: Can I Really Save Money with Sub-metering?
The simple answer: Of course! Once your sub-meters are installed, specialized technology will generate bills for each unit based on actual water usage. These bills may include a small service fee. They pay you, you pay your local utilities provider, and any leftover amount belongs to you. Gone are the days of paying more for water than you have built into your rent – you may actually be able to lower your rent, which will make your prices more competitive, and bring more tenants to your door!
Encourage Water Conservation with Sub-metering
The average American household uses about 400 gallons of water each day. If you own a rental property with only four units, that property could be dumping 1,600 gallons of water or more every day! Sub-meters can bring those numbers way down, but you can save even more water by pairing your new sub-meters with other water conservation efforts.
The installation of efficient toilets, hot water heaters, and even irrigation systems
can really make a difference. There are government programs which offer incentives to property owners who install more efficient appliances in their properties, and you may even regain some of the cost of these products by choosing not to lower the rent for new tenants after having your sub-meters installed. Not to mention, what prospective tenant wouldn’t love moving into a unit with brand new toilets and shower heads?
Count on Our Plumbing Services in Kansas to Make Your Sub-meter Installation a Breeze
Working with plumbers doesn’t have to be a nightmare. At Plumbers 911, we contract with only the best in the business, so you can relax knowing that the project will be handled with the dedication and professionalism that you need. We offer a variety of sub-meters for different applications, so you can benefit from their use no matter what type of plumbing your units currently have installed. Our experts will help you choose the best type for your properties, get them installed on your timeline, and even show you how to view your units’ water usage data online. Count on Plumbers 911 to find a trusted Kansas plumber
who is qualified to handle your plumbing needs!
- Our technicians are licensed and insured, so you can rest easy knowing that you will be covered just in case things don’t go as smoothly as planned.
- We contract with professionals right in your area – no more waiting around all day for a quality plumber to show up.
- Sub-metering requires sophisticated technology that the average Joe may not carry around. Our techs have the tools to get the job done, and they know how to use them.
- We screen every professional before we contract with them, including background checks and substance abuse screening, so you can know that you and your tenants are safe while our professionals are around.
If you are looking for a way to gain a competitive edge over the landlords down the street, save some money, and help out the environment in the bargain, sub-metering may be the solution you have been looking for. Call (816) 326-8643 today to begin the process that will revolutionize your rental properties and their impact on the environment.