Rely on a Local Chicago Plumber for Your Sub-metering Needs
Plumbers 911 Helps You Conserve Energy with Sub-meter InstallationTraditionally, landlords and rental property owners have to absorb the cost of their renters’ water usage in the rent payment. Sometimes this works out well, but a large portion of the time somebody is going to end up paying more than they should. With the use of Sometimes this works out well, but a large portion of the time somebody is going to end up paying more than they should. With the use of sub-meters, however, you can finally start giving your tenants the responsibility for their own water usage – and the water bills that come with it. And when you rely on Plumbers 911 to find you a qualified technician in your area, you can rest easy knowing that the job will be done right the first time. As a landlord or property manager, you already know the problem with the way properties is often billed for their water usage. When Tenant A in your apartment building insists on re-filling his swimming pool twice a week and your water bill goes up as a result, how do you tell the rest of the tenants that their rent payment is going to have to go up because of it? It’s a tricky situation when apartment buildings, rental condos, duplexes, office buildings, and mobile home parks are billed collectively. But there is a solution, and you won’t even have to deal with the city government to take advantage of it. When you choose to install sub-meters, each unit of your rental property will receive its own meter, so water usage will be measured separately for each separate unit rather than as a whole. You will be able to bill each resident individually for the water that they used, and you will simply pay your local utility bill for the property from your residents’ payments. But the benefits of sub-metering don’t just stop there. Consider these advantages to sub-metering before you make a final decision:
- Your tenants will be held responsible for their own water usage, which means that your utility bill will likely go down as more residents become aware of their own water usage in an effort to save money.
- Sub-metering encourages water conservation, which is good for the planet in the long run and good for lowering utility costs throughout Chicago as well.
- With smart sub-metering technology, you can personally monitor the water usage of each individual unit – so if there are any extraordinarily wasteful water practices going on, you will be able to show your tenants in real time how their water usage is affecting their water bills.
- Online monitoring of your properties’ sub-meters means that you will be alerted when small plumbing problems, such as leaks or drips, develop. You can take care of these problems more quickly, instead of having to wait around until a resident notices.
- Wherever you are in the world, you should still be able to view your sub-metering data online as long as you have access to the Internet.
- With smart sub-metering, you may even be alerted sooner if someone unexpectedly moves out of a property – or if someone unexpectedly moves in!