Call a Licensed Syracuse Plumber for All Your Heating Needs
Call Plumbers 911 for the Installation, Maintenance, and Repair of Your Heating SystemNot having a working heating system on a cold wintry day or night is unacceptable. No one in his right mind will wash dishes using freezing water, let alone risk his life by taking a shower. Your water heater will not choose an appropriate time to stop working. It will halt when something is wrong, and it will totally stop when it is really broken. This is the reason why HVAC-R companies have techs specializing in heaters because these things do happen. You don’t just pick a random neighborhood plumber to fix your heater, do you? Getting the services of a HVAC-R professional from Plumbers 911 Syracuse will not only ensure that your heating problem gets addressed to immediately, you also have our assurance that the same issue will not happen again in the near future. Our service techs provide prompt service 24/7, even during holidays when everyone is away or spending time with their families. Our goal is to provide you with top-notch service to avoid any more inconvenience on your end. Our only advice is to always check if your water heaters are efficiently working. A heater is a plumbing appliance that needs to be constantly checked if it is working fine. One does not just buy a heater, have it installed, forget it altogether, and assume that it will function well forever. Watch out for these things to ensure that your heater is always in great shape:
- Water heaters have an average life span of 10-12 years. If you think that your unit is approaching the end of its life, carefully watch for any sign of breakdown. It is highly recommended that you have it inspected before it would even show signs of breakdown.
- Check the base of the tank. If you see the presence of a pool of water, there is something wrong with your heater. You should never see a pool of water at the base of your tank as it could mean that there is a corrosion on some parts of the tank hence the water leakage. Call a professional plumber immediately to correct the problem.
- Cold water is coming out of the shower is one solid proof that you water heater is not working. This simply means that you’ve waited far too long and have put up with not so cold water before having your unit checked and
- Do you hear noises coming out from your tank? Hearing whines, cracks, pops, and bangs as you turn your heater on is not normal. It is a clear sign that your water heater is breaking down. Have it checked or replaced immediately as these noises are caused by mineral build-up inside the tank. An extensive buildup of minerals inside your tank cause heating filaments to fail. Legitimate plumbing technicians can give you an advice whether your unit needs to be replaced or merely repaired.
- Dirty water comes out from your shower. If you notice that the water coming out of your shower is dirty and the taste has a weird metallic tinge, then your unit could have a problem. Having dirty water with a metallic tinge taste means that the dirt inside the tank has accumulated over the years. Simply determine the problem by checking the hose and tubes, and the tank itself for sediments or sludge buildup. Have it cleaned by a professional service tech immediately.